Seems the Democrats may not know what documents the Nunes Memo is a summary of. They truly don’t see what is coming?
TEXT: From link
(1) Why am I not diving into the FBI-Trump-Russia situation?
Ezra Cohen Watnick.
The Man McMaster Couldn’t Fire
Thirty-one-year-old Ezra Cohen-Watnick holds the intelligence portfolio on the National Security Council—but almost everything about him is a mystery.
(2) Ezra Cohen-Watnick (ECW) is a former Defense Intelligence Agency employee who Michael Flynn hired to work on the National Security Council.
(3) There are no verified photos of ECW.
The one photo that we’re told is him?
Not verified, so I won’t post it.
(4) Not a single person in the Trump administration would talk about ECW.
(5) He’s a spook.
(6) Remember this?
Meet Ezra Cohen-Watnick, Donald Trump’s invisible man in the White House
Inside the mysterious rise of Ezra Cohen-Watnick, the young NSC official at the center of a bizarre Russiagate subplot.
(7) “Ezra Cohen-Watnick, the suddenly prominent White House National Security Council official at the center of a bizarre backdoor maneuver to provide House Intelligence Committee Chairman Devin Nunes with top-secret documents on government surveillance.”
(8) “Cohen-Watnick reportedly retrieved the documents from a classified CIA terminal in the Eisenhower Executive Office Building next to the White House and gave them to Nunes, a California Republican who had been a member of Trump’s transition team.”
(9) “They were intended to prove that former President Barack Obama was ‘wire tapping’ Trump during the 2016 campaign. The documents did no such thing, other members of the panel concluded after studying them.”
(10) “The incident triggered a House Ethics Committee probe into Nunes and forced him to recuse himself from his own panel’s investigation into Russian interference in the 2016 elections.”
(11) You know what happened?
Everything I just quoted above?
(12) The writer William Goldman described the nature of the operation above.
He used basketball as an analogy.
(13) If someone has the ball, and there’s someone blocking them, the person with the ball will do one of two things:
Fake right and go left; or fake right, fake left, and then go right.
(14) Goldman said these don’t really work.
The SMARTEST thing to do is to fake right and then GO right.
(15) You make the opponent think that your initial move is a feint, so they prepare for a DIFFERENT move.
So ECW and Nunes faked right and then WENT right.
(16) They pretended that the INITIAL handover of intelligence was a clown show.
Well, NOW look where we are.
(17) While everybody looked in the wrong direction, Nunes wrote his memo, which summarizes the corruption and illegal actions of the FBI and the Justice Department.
(18) @tedlieu sent a truly hilarious tweet in May of 2017.
It’s hilarious in hindsight.
(19) Lieu is one of the people who was fooled by ECW faking right and going right.
(20) See the date of Lieu’s tweet?
May of 2017.
(21) The FBI Assistant Director for Counterintelligence is Bill Priestap.
In May of 2017, he began pushing for stronger law-enforcement action against the Chinese.
(22) The aggressive approach he recommended could also be applied to ANY espionage conducted inside the United States.
(23) Bill Priestap had an ally who joined with him to make counterintelligence threats a top priority.
His ally was Ezra Cohen-Watnick.
(24) I recommend not listening to ANYBODY who tells you something definitive about all this.
Nothing is as it seems.
That’s by design.
(25) Remember: Fake right and GO right.
ECW and Nunes put THE REAL STUFF OUT THERE, but they did it in such a histrionic way that everybody sneered and lost interest.
They laughed at Nunes.
(26) Are they laughing now…?
More from @ThomasWictor:
13 hours ago
(1) @ananavarro shows how vacuous and amoral the anti-Trump movement is.
(2) She’s paraphrasing Martin Niemöller, a Protestant pastor who wrote this about the Nazis.
Read 24 tweets